Last update : June 2021
Welcome to https://www.jules-pansu.com (the Site), a site managed by Etablissements J.Pansu et Cie, a company under French law whose registered office is located at 42 rue du Faubourg Poissonnière 75010 Paris, France.
Our customers are precious to us and the confidentiality and security of their personal data is very important. Any information we collect about you is stored with the utmost care.
The purpose of the General Data Protection Policy ("the Policy") is to detail how ETABLISSEMENTS J.PANSU ET CIE, as the Data Controller, handles your personal data (the Data) collected during your browsing on the Site.
By accessing and using the Site, you freely and unreservedly accept the practices described in this document.
1. DATA COLLECTED
- Information provided by you
We collect data that you voluntarily provide us with by filling in forms on our site, by creating an account, by placing an order, or by corresponding with us by any means (telephone, e-mail...). This information may include your last name, first name, title, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, areas of interest, information relating to past orders (products, quantity...).
- Information collected automatically
When you browse the Site, we may also collect the following data for the purpose of improving and customising our offerings, services and optimising your user experience. This includes technical and browsing information such as IP address, type of browser, time zone, operating system, browsing history on the Site (pages consulted, products searched for, duration of visit, interaction, etc.). This information is transmitted through cookies.
- Information received from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use other websites we operate or any of the services we offer. You will be informed of internally shared data associated with this Site.
2. USE OF YOUR DATA
As part of your browsing on the Site and our business relationship, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to process your orders and to carry out the operations/actions relating to them: order confirmation, invoicing, collection, delivery, managing returns, managing payment verifications, comments, complaints, sending messages in the event of a problem in honouring your order. The processing of your information allows us to fulfil the contract between you and our company.
- To enable us to carry out marketing operations and statistics: With your data, we can provide customer service, in our legitimate interest as a seller. In particular, your contact information including email address, telephone number, order details, are used to answer your questions regarding the use of our site, to communicate with you about the status of your order and to assist you. The Data is also used for statistical purposes to carry out studies, to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns, to communicate on our services and products likely to interest you by sending electronic communication (email, sms...), to send you promotional offers, to invite you to exceptional events.
- We also process your Data to protect our company, our customers, our site against the risks of fraud, theft or wrongdoing that may affect our business and to enable us to exercise and defend our rights in court.
- We administrate and improve our Website to improve services, content and presentation, so that this is done in the most efficient way possible.
- We use them against sales of our products made in violation of our GTC and our exclusive distribution network (analysis of quantities and purchase frequency) in our legitimate interest of protecting our distribution network.
- Transaction history and business records are kept to meet legal requirements.
3. RECIPIENTS OF YOUR DATA
Your Data will only be communicated and shared with Third Parties in the following cases for the purpose of carrying out the duty entrusted to them:
- Authorised staff of the Company whose activity justifies access to the Data in the context of administrative and accounting management.
- Our subcontractors acting on our behalf in the context of the operation, improvement and optimisation of the Site. These subcontractors also include any commercial service providers and suppliers in the context of the execution of the contract that we conclude with them or you such as: processing of orders, updating of your account, validation of bank or credit card transactions, delivery, data analysis, sending of electronic communication (emails, sms...) on our behalf.
- We may share your Data with other third parties in the event of corporate restructuring, purchase or sale of assets, of which Data will be one of the assets transferred.
- By order of the authorities when we are legally required to do so to comply with any legal obligation (court order, customs authority, tax authority...) or to enforce our CGUs, GTC and other contracts, to protect our rights, our property or the safety and rights of our customers or others.
When you browse the Site, we may collect data via cookies installed on your terminal following your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, except for operating and security cookies.
- The cookies we use
Technical cookies are necessary for the functioning of the Site and facilitate your navigation on it.
Preference cookies allow you to save your browsing preferences (language, identifiers, shopping basket...)
Marketing cookies collect information on the behaviour of the Internet user and allow us to analyse the pages consulted, the products viewed, the times of visits made, the clicks on the pages. This allows us to better understand your expectations and to offer you more relevant products and services.
Statistical analysis cookies are used to anonymously measure the most viewed pages or areas, the difficulties encountered. They help us to improve the operation of the Site and its visibility.
Social network cookies allow you, through the use of the "like" and "share" buttons, to share or express an opinion on the content of our Site. They are also used for market research purposes and to study the origin of visitors. We have no control over these cookies used by social networks. We invite you to consult their own privacy policies.
- Setting cookies
In your browser, thanks to the "Help" menu, you can set the parameters for cookies and modify your choices at any time.
FirefoxClick on Menu è Option è Privacy è Locate and set the cookies menu
Google ChromeClick on Menu è Settings è Privacy and security è Site settings è Choose cookies and define your settings
SafariSafari menu è Preferences è Privacy è Set cookies
Click on Menu è Internet Option è Privacy Tab è Advanced Tab è Set Cookies
5. RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
Your Data is kept for the legally permitted periods. This means that we keep them for a period of three (3) years from your last contact with us if you are just a prospective customer and have not placed an order. If you have placed an order, purchased a product or service from our company, the legal retention period for the Data is ten (10) years from the end of the business relationship. The Data is then archived for the duration of the applicable statute of limitations so that it can be used in any dispute, litigation and in the context of a legal action until all avenues of appeal have been exhausted. Thereafter your Data will be made anonymous and destroyed.
6. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR DATA
In accordance with applicable laws, you have the following rights:
- Right of access to a copy of your Data. We will provide you with a copy of the categories of Data as well as the purposes for which they are processed, the recipients to whom they have been communicated, the period of retention...
- Right of rectification, limitation of access. You may request the correction of inaccurate Data about you. You can ask for the limitation of the processing of these if you dispute the accuracy of the Data to allow us to check this accuracy, if you wish to oppose the deletion of the Data in spite of the fact that the processing is illicit, if you wish to preserve your information within the framework of the establishment, the exercise and defence of your rights in justice, the time for the company, Etablissements J.Pansu et Cie to check if there are justifiable grounds for your request. Where the processing of Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time but this will not affect the processing of Data authorised prior to the withdrawal of consent.
- Right to erase data. You may request the deletion of your Data if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed, if you have withdrawn your consent, if the processing is unlawful, if the deletion is based on a legal obligation applicable to the company.
To exercise your rights, you can send your request by email at contact[at]pansu.com or by post/courier service to:
JULES PANSU - E-shop
42 rue du Faubourg Poissonnière
We will respond to your access request within one (1) month. However, depending on the number of requests and their complexity, the deadline may be extended by one (1) additional month. In this case, we will inform you.
7. HYPERLINKS - THIRD PARTY SITE
We put in place appropriate measures to protect your Data. However, we remind you that the secrecy of correspondence is not guaranteed on the Internet and draw your attention to possible risks in terms of confidentiality of data transmitted through this network. It is the responsibility of each user to ensure that he/she has the appropriate equipment and to take all appropriate measures to protect his/her own data and computer equipment from anything that could damage it. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Site.
Our Site is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without a guardian's permission or to the extent permitted by law.
To enter into a transaction on our Site, in our showroom or in a store, you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and be able to form and be legally bound by such transactions or agreements. If we learn that we have inadvertently received Personal Data from a minor who is not authorised to provide it to us, we will delete that Data.
No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, or partial exercise of any of our rights, powers, or remedies hereunder shall be construed as a waiver thereof and shall not thereafter preclude the exercise thereof.
12. APPLICABLE LAW
The Website and all its contents are governed by French law. All contracts, if any, are in French. The parties agree that any dispute will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Paris. In the event that this policy is translated into one or more languages, only the French version will prevail in the event of a dispute.